All UN jobs in Lome, Togo
|[Saved] Togo: Chief of PartyClosing date: 2017-01-20Organization: FHI 360 Share|
|[Saved] Togo: Regional Secretary, Africa and Arab CountriesClosing date: 2017-02-28Organization: Public Services International Share|
Save your search
Keywords : *
Duty Station : Lome, Togo
Create an email alert
Keywords : All
Duty Station : Lome, Togo
Only send email alerts when there are new jobs
Share job to a friend
Togo: Chief of Party
Closing date: 2017-01-20Application : Apply for the job
Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party
The goal of the Ending AIDS in West Africa project is to accelerate progress across the region towards ending AIDS in West Africa through prevention, care and treatment and acceleration of achievement of UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets with a focus on Key Populations.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall leadership and managerial direction for the program, including Centers of Excellence. S/he will fulfill the diverse managerial requirements of the project. The COP will have overall responsibility for addressing award related matters. S/he will be responsible for the smooth implementation of the project, and for effectively addressing problems and challenges that arise during performance. S/he is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of all reports and other program products. The position will be based in Lom , Togo and will report to the Technical Support Division. This position is contingent upon funder approval of key personnel and availability of funds.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide day-to-day management oversight and technical guidance to the project, including general financial and grants oversight and programmatic monitoring, ensuring quality and timeliness of all activities.
- Demonstrated experience in business management, including business process analysis, design, and implementation.
- In conjunction with project partners, governments, stakeholders and donors develop grant calls and review and provide recommendations on applications. Lead the oversight of awarded grants.
- Oversee project technical and strategic planning including annual work plan, budget, progress reports, and financial/grant reports, and ensure timeliness and quality of project deliverables.
- Serve as the primary liaison for the project with the lead contractor, government counterparts, grantees, other stakeholders, and FHI 360 headquarters, playing a coordination role as needed.
- Ensuring the quality and the period for compliance in the preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Implement a technical area of supervision plan, in close coordination with the project manager and technical leads.
- Ensure that the project objectives and the mission of FHI 360 are met.
- Ensure that grantees comply with all reporting and accountability requirements and produce required reports of this.
- Manage the selection, development, supervision and evaluation of assigned staff and budgets including recruitment, establishment of performance expectations, performance assessments, recommended action based on performance (e.g., recognition, disciplinary action).
- Assist in the preparation process of the annual plans of the project, as well as in the development and monitoring of program of the sub agreements with local partners.
- Participate in the working groups in collaboration with consortium partners and government officials as needed.
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred or related degree from an accredited university/college.
- Experience as an entrepreneur and/or with incubator projects to build small/medium businesses and make them grow.
- Experience in building a market and growing demand for products.
- Experience in private sector educational services is a benefit.
- Experience as business manager and supervisor.
- Demonstrated interest in international development and local solutions.
- Demonstrated interest (some experience preferred) in HIV/AIDS programming in any context.
- Experience working internationally with African (preferably West or Central African) cultures, preferably including key populations.
- Good outreach, networking and communication skills.
- Fluent in French and English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click hereto visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Togo: Regional Secretary, Africa and Arab Countries
Closing date: 2017-02-28Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Public Services International
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Public Services International is looking for a Regional Secretary for African and Arab countries to lead the dynamic regional team in developing plans and implementing activities to meet PSI s objectives. Experience with trade unions in the region, as well as knowledge of the politics, are key requirements.
Working from our regional office in Lom , Togo, the successful candidate will help PSI affiliates build powerful networks and alliances to influence national and regional policies affecting their membership, with a focus on our core sectors: health and social services; local and regional governments; utilities; national administration; and education support and cultural workers. Fighting violations of labour rights is a top priority, which will require innovative campaign tools. The Regional Secretary will also manage PSI offices and budgets and oversee trade union development work.
The position is challenging and requires applicants with the desire to make a difference, the drive to succeed, the ability to lead and the humility to learn.
Excellent English and French required and Arabic a plus. International travel required.
PSI is a Global Trade Union Federation representing 20 million public service workers in 670 affiliate unions from 160 countries. We defend trade union rights and universal provision of quality public services.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to:
- Attach a detailed Curriculum Vitaewith passport size photograph
- Produce a cover letter in English including motivation for the position, related skills and competences, based on the selection criteria listed in the job description, of no more than 1,000 words
- Include three references from previous recent employers
- Interested candidates are invited to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 28 February 2017(23:59 French time)