All UN jobs in Bogotá, Colombia
Save your search
Keywords : *
Duty Station : Bogotá, Colombia
Create an email alert
Keywords : All
Duty Station : Bogotá, Colombia
Only send email alerts when there are new jobs
Share job to a friend
Colombia: Project officer - H/F
Closing date: 2017-03-01Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Biblioth ques Sans Fronti res
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Libraries Without Borders
Libraries Without Borders is a French NGO that was founded in 2007. LWB works so that every man and woman across the globe can live with dignity and grow with easy, free, and open access to libraries, information, and education, while at the same time promoting cultural diversity. With an annual budget of 5 million Euros, LWB is now registered as a referent in its field. More information is available on www.librarieswithoutborders.org
To join our team is not only to become a part of an organisation that is personal, young, and dynamic in its growth but also to take part in innovative projects that have a social impact.We put the career advancement of our members at the heart of our human resources management philosophy through training sessions, a collaborative work environment, etc.
LWB s Colombian program
LWB/BSF, in partnership with the Red Nacional de Bibliotecasof the Ministry of Culture in Colombia, will implement a program of 20 Ideas Boxi.e. Mobile Public Libraries part of the national network of public librariesaimed at peace building processes in remote rural areas in the country. As a result of this, we are aiming at establishing a national and regional representation with operational attributions in Bogota in order to better coordinate and develop our activities in the country.
Position within the organization
The Field Expert is under the direct authority of the Program Coordinator. S/he will work closely with the National Public Library program team.
- Implementing the project formulated within the country in a coherence with financial, thematic and strategic goals
- Coordination with the National Public Library program officer to define the program implementation schedule
- Coordination with the Logistic department of the National Public Library to ensure that each Ideas box under his/her supervision is properly implemented within the approved timeframe
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Preparation of reports
- Visibility and communication
- Capitalization on the IdeasBox program process
- Responsible for the security of the Ideas Box under his/her supervision
Lots of field trip to rural areas within Colombia
- Formal training in project management/international relations or equivalent professional experience
- Specialist in educational, cultural, or technology sectors is preferred
- Experience/expertise of Colombia and post-conflict contexts is a plus
Mastery of Spanish/English languages/ French is a plus**Experience**:**
Professional experience in positions with equivalent responsibility in the international cooperation sectors
Knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian response processes of various organisations is essential
Experience working in community management
Knowledge of the process of financial management and reporting of donors (i.e. EU, UN system)
Contract type: 9 month CDD
Start date: ASAP
Payment: 23 26 k + housing allowance
How to apply:
Colombia: Programme Assistant (GS6) Bogotá Colombia
Closing date: 2017-03-04Application : Apply for the job
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 04 Mar 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Expected Results
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Support to programme development, planning and execution.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
3. Support in resource mobilization
4. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
5. Specific Duties:
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=503009
Colombia: Bean Program Senior Breeder
Closing date: 2017-03-07Application : Apply for the job
Organization: International Center for Tropical Agriculture
Closing date: 07 Mar 2017
The common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) provides a highly nutritious food, containing protein, fiber, complex carbohydrates and micronutrients. As such, beans strongly reinforce food and nutrition security among poor consumers. CIAT bean program bean researchers have a long and successful history of developing varieties by working closely with a wide array of partners in Latin America and the Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa, North America and Europe. Currently, CIAT scientists emphasize tolerance to abiotic stresses, such as low phosphorus, aluminum toxicity, heat and drought. With the aim of further enhancing the nutritional value of beans, CIAT scientists are also engaged in a major effort to raise the content of two critical micronutrients iron and zinc.
CIAT is looking for an innovative breeder to lead the bean improvement program. The position would be located at CIAT HQ in Cali, Colombia but results will have application across the Tropics with particular emphasis in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
- Enhance bean breeding efforts by raising capacity and output and coordinate the program teams activities.
- Implement novel breeding strategies to accelerate genetic gain.
- Link with public and private sector research collaborators at the national, regional and global level.
- Establish productive working relationships with CIAT colleagues, e.g., in plant pathology, entomology, plant nutrition, and nutrition to develop and perfect efficient screening methodologies for key plant traits.
- To supervise and motivate support personal to ensure opportune completion of tasks.
- Represent CIAT at meetings of all levels, providing updated information or presentations on project activities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- PhD in plant breeding with at least 10 years of experience in crop improvement. Experience with bean or other legumes breeding would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Strong background in plant breeding and applications of molecular tools where relevant to enhancing the efficiency of bean improvement research.
- A demonstrated ability to elaborate high quality publications meeting international standards.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with bean crop improvement.
- Familiarity with breeding for abiotic stress tolerance.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English.
- Spanish language skill.
Leadership and Role Competencies
- Results Orientation:focused on improvement of scientific results.
- Innovation:Willingness to learn new research approaches integrating traditional and novel tools.
- Change Leadership:transforming and aligning a team through its people to drive for improvement in new and challenging directions. It is energizing a whole team to want to change in the same direction.
- Collaboration and Influence:working effectively with, and influencing those outside of, your functional area for positive impact on business performance. Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team across institutions.
- People and Organizational Development:developing the long- term capabilities of others and the team as a whole, and finding satisfaction in influencing or even transforming someone s life or career.
Terms of employment
This internationally recruited position will be based at CIAT Headquarters in Palmira, Colombia, reporting directly to the Area Research Director. The initial contract will be for up to three (3) years, subject to a probation period of six (6) months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to the CIAT Human Resources Office to Andrea Linares (email@example.com) and should clearly indicate Bean Program Senior Breeder .
Colombia: NOROBS is seeking a Peacebuilding Advisor (Colombia) - Expert Deployment/ NORCAP
Closing date: 2017-03-07Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 07 Mar 2017
The Norwegian Standby Roster for Civilian Observers (NOROBS) is a sub-roster of NORCAP and provides observers to monitoring mechanisms and civilian capacity to peace support operations.
Over five decades of conflict in Colombia has resulted in mass displacement, human rights violations, undermining development and the State presence particularly at the regional and local levels. The country still registers more than 7 million IDPs across the country. In recent years there has been a great effort to promote an end to the conflict, which is reflected in the recent peace agreement between the government and the FARC, the largest guerrilla group. This is a sign of hope for the country and its citizens. While the peace process with the FARC is a great achievement, challenges remain, with respect to implementation of the Peace Agreement, re-building trust with affected communities and victims, and guaranteeing effective access of the population to rights and solutions. In addition recent national referendum in which a significant portion of the population voted No to the peace agreement reflects deep political and social polarization, that will need to be overcome to build a lasting peace.
- Under the direct guidance of UN Resident Coordinator (RC), the Peacebuilding Advisor will provide strategic direction as well as concrete advice on peace and development issues to support programme implementation in the context of expected UN system support to the implementation of the peace agreement between the Government of Colombia and the FARC-EP. He/she will provide technical, policy and political advice as critical inputs into inter-agency processes related to peace-building, particularly UN support to early implementation of peace agreements and the Government of Colombia's rapid response strategy for early peace dividends.
- The Advisor will work closely with relevant UNCT colleagues, the UN Monitoring and Verification Mission, the UN Department for Political Affairs (DPA), as well as relevant Government institutions, donors, private sector and civil society organizations to promote dialogue and consensus building, and provide advice on conflict-sensitive programming.
- The Advisor will be responsible for the effective functioning of the UNCT interagency Peace Group. He/she will liaise closely with the United Nation Mission in Colombia with an eye to ensuring close coordination and sharing of information and analysis regarding peace implementation.
- The Advisor will participate on behalf of the RC in relevant national fora and represent the UN system where necessary, liaising with key stakeholders in peace-related work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice to the RC and UNCT on issues of peace implementation and advances to support the UN system assistance to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Undertake regular political and conflict analysis in support of RC, UNCT and HQ-NY; liaise closely with the United Nations Mission in Colombia.
- Identify areas of programmatic engagement with national stakeholders and support programme development, providing expert advice in the preparation of the UN response to government requests related peace and reconciliation;
- Build capacity of local and national actors;
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships.
Minimum 10 years of professional humanitarian experience from the field of peacebuilding (equivalent to the UN P5 level or higher)
Extensive knowledge of peace building processes and humanitarian programming
Higher university degree in a social science or related discipline
Experience in capacity building and coordination
Demonstrable understanding of the UN inter-agency mechanism, UN agencies mandates, and the main humanitarian frameworks and tools
Proven ability to negotiate and strategically influence change with a wide range of stakeholders (including at senior level) through team/coalition building and advocacy
Excellent analytical, strategic planning, oral and written communication skills
Fluency in English and Spanish
- A great opportunity to work in an international setting for a world recognised organisation.
- Significant life experiences through challenges and self-development.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Application procedures and CV registration:Please enter the geographical location for all your previous positions when registering your CV. whilst there is no specific field for this information in our CV form, please include it in the "Company name" field.
- Please submit your full application in English
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
How to apply:
Colombia: Coordinador administrativo y logístico (H/M) Colombia - Bogotá
Closing date: 2017-03-09Application : Apply for the job
Organization: M decins du Monde
Closing date: 09 Mar 2017
M dicos del Mundo, asociaci n m dica militante de la solidaridad internacional, se compromete desde hace 30 a os a atender a las poblaciones m s vulnerables aqu y en el extranjero, a dar testimonio de las barreras que se identifican en lo concerniente al acceso a la atenci n sanitaria y a obtener mejoras sostenibles de las pol ticas de sanidad para todos. Como asociaci n independiente, actuamos m s all de la atenci n sanitaria, denunciando las violaciones de la dignidad y de los derechos humanos y trabajando para mejorar la situaci n de las poblaciones que se encuentran en situaci n de precariedad. A nivel internacional, MdM trabaja en 4 pa ses repartidos en todos los continentes y se centra en cuatro cuestiones prioritarias (la atenci n de los migrantes y desplazados, la promoci n de la salud sexual y reproductiva, la lucha contra el VIH y la reducci n de los riesgos vinculados al uso de drogas, las crisis y los conflictos).
MDM interviene en las reas rurales de los departamentos de Nari o, Meta y Guaviare, donde las acciones de los diversos actores armados del conflicto confluyen. En esas zonas, la econom a se mueve por la producci n y comercializaci n de la coca y la miner a ilegal. MdM implementa desde hace varios a os, una estrategia adaptable y flexible, que trata de responder a las necesidades m s urgentes de las poblaciones a trav s de tres ejes interconectados entre si: asistencia con servicios m viles de salud primaria y apoyo psicosocial, acciones de fortalecimiento comunitario e incidencia.
DESCRIPCION DEL PUESTO :
Usted trabaja bajo la supervisi n jer rquica de la coordinadora general y bajo la supervisi n t cnica del responsable financiero de la unidad Am rica Latina en la sede. Su misi n ser garantizar la buena gesti n administrativa, financiera, log stica y humana de la misi n de M decins du Monde en Colombia. Adem s, deber reforzar las competencias t cnicas de los equipos de coordinaci n en el terreno y del encargado administrativo y log stico.
Usted se responsabilizar de la aplicaci n de la pol tica administrativa, de recursos humanos, de finanzas y de log stica de la misi n. Para ello, supervisar todos los procesos relacionados con la gesti n del personal expatriado y local, los aspectos jur dicos, la contabilidad, los presupuestos, los procedimientos financieros, los protocolos de seguridad y los procedimientos de log stica.
Velar por el respeto y cumplimiento de las normas de seguridad y el reglamento interno.
Llevar la relaci n con auditores internos y externos y apoyar en la b squeda de fondos y el cumplimiento de las obligaciones contractuales de los donantes.
Contar con un equipo de 3 personas a su cargo y supervisar t cnicamente a 13 personas en el terreno.
Estatus : Empleado
Contrato : Contrato temporal
Duraci n : 12 meses
Fecha de inicio: a mediados de febrero 2017
Visitas frecuentes en el terreno (30%)
Salida sin familia
PERFIL REQUERIDO :
Experiencia significativa como coordinador administrativo
Experiencia en coordinaci n de equipos, capacidad de liderazgo
Conocimiento del programa SAGA apreciado
Flexibilidad y organizaci n
Buenas capacidades de decisi n y de adaptaci n para enfrentarse a contextos y situaciones estresantes
Diplomacia y buenas capacidades de comunicaci n
Buen conocimiento del pack office
Excelente manejo del espa ol, escrito y verbal
Buen manejo verbal del ingl s o del franc s
Ud se compromete, acepta compartir los valores de M dicos del Mundo y adhiere a su modelo asociativo.
NO SE TRAMITAR CANDIDATURA POR TELEFONO
Medecins du Monde se reserva el derecho de cerrar el proceso de reclutamiento antes de la fecha indicada.
MdM se compromete a actuar a favor de la integraci n de las personas con discapacidad y a luchar contra todas las discriminaciones.
How to apply:
Haga clic en el siguiente enlace si desea presentar una solicitud :
Colombia: Logistics and Procurement Assistant, Colombia Transforma, USAID/OTI, Colombia/Asistente de Logstica y Compras Colombia Transforma, USAID/OTI, Colombi
Closing date: 2017-03-26Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 26 Mar 2017
Logistics and Procurement Assistant, Colombia Transforma, USAID/OTI,Colombia
Company Profile:MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.**
Colombia Transforma is a program financed by USAID/OTI. Transforma provides support strategically aimed at achieving sustainable peace in Colombia. The initial goal will be to strengthen the institutional capacity of the Colombian government to implement rapid response during the first 36 months after the signing of the peace accords.
**Please note: Only Colombian citizens are eligible for this position.
Provide administrative support for logistics and procurement activities as requested by the program team or the PS and Procurement Manager (PM).
Support the Program Team (EP), in obtaining quotations during the structuring phase of the budgets for the Activities.
Prepare and launch the Request for Proposals, receive the proposals and fill out the selection matrix.
Document all the processes of request of quotation and to archive all the documents that support it, in electronic means in the folder of each Activity.Organize, scan and archive information related to purchases on Transforma server and administrative activities as needed.
Conduct Verification in Lists (ATVs), suppliers and subcontractors.
Coordinate with the GS, PS and GA Purchasing requests (ARM's).
Help maintain an up-to-date list of suppliers and subcontractors.
Effectively serve as liaison between the Program Team (EP) the PS and the finance area team to provide the documentation needed to issue the payments related to the activities.
Support the tracking of procurement processes to advance in accordance with the implementation plan of each activity.
Attend field meetings and other meetings and provide note-taking support as requested.
Support in the verification and delivery of materials and equipment to the beneficiaries under agreements in kind.
Support coordination of activities that require logistics (events, workshops, transportation, food, lodging).
Assist with special projects and tasks in support of PS, EP and other members of the procurement team, as needed.
Any other duty that the PS or PM may determine.
Maintain absolute discretion and professionalism regarding all confidential matters related to the performance of their duties.
Develop and maintain cordial, open professional relationships with other members of the field program team.
Arrange travel at local or national level as required.
Track the status of all executed and running processes.
Professional or student of last semesters in administration or other related discipline.
Experience in administrative and / or financial management.
Experience in procurement, preferably with USAID programs.
Preferred English language skills, but not mandatory.
Skills in handling Excel and Word.
Ability to keep in execution and control several processes and / or simultaneous activities.
Teamwork and ability to work under pressure and with high workload.
Disposition to follow instructions and procedures.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Asistente de Log stica y ComprasColombia Transforma, USAID/OTI,Colombia
Resumen del Proyecto:
Colombia Transforma es un programa financiado por USAID/OTI. Transforma proporciona apoyo orientado estrat gicamente para lograr una paz sostenible en Colombia. El objetivo inicial ser el de mejorar la capacidad de Colombia para implementar una respuesta r pida durante los primeros 36 meses despu s de la firma de un acuerdo de paz.
Objeto del Contrato:
El Asistente de Log stica y Adquisiciones (LPA por su abreviatura en ingl s) es parte del equipo de gesti n de adquisiciones de Colombia Transforma. El lugar de trabajo puede ser definido entre cualquiera de los departamentos donde opera el Programa (Norte de Santander, Putumayo, Arauca y Bogot ), bajo la supervisi n del Especialista en Adquisiciones (PS, por su abreviatura en ingl s). El LPA apoya al PS, en la solicitud de cotizaciones para compras, matriz de selecci n, documentos legales de proveedores, archivo f sico y electr nico, coordinaci n de entregas de materiales a beneficiarios del programa, coordinaci n de log stica bajo actividades, elaboraci n de documentos para solicitudes de anticipos y pagos, en coordinaci n con los especialistas de adquisiciones (PS). Se requieren excelentes cualidades de comunicaci n orales y escritas, as como un excelente manejo de software y archivos, conocimientos de procesos de compras y contrataci n.
*Tenga en Cuenta: Esta es una posici n local. Solo candidatos Colombianos ser n considerados.*
Brindar apoyo administrativo para actividades log sticas y de adquisiciones, seg n lo solicitadopor el equipo del programa o por los PS y el Gerente Adquisiciones (PM por sus siglas en ingl s).
Apoyar al Equipo Program tico (EP), en la obtenci n de cotizaciones durante la fase de estructuraci n de los presupuestos para las Actividades.
Preparar y lanzar las Solicitud de cotizaciones, recibir las propuestas y diligenciar la matriz de selecci n.
Documentar todo los procesos de solicitudes de cotizaci n y archivar todos los documentos que lo soportan, en medios electr nicos en la carpeta de cada Actividad. Organizar, escanear y archivar la informaci n relacionada con las compras en el servidor Transforma y las actividades administrativas seg n sea necesario. .
Realizar la verificaci n en listas (ATV por sus siglas en ingl s), de los proveedores y subcontratistas.
Coordinar con el GS, PS y GA las solicitudes de Compras (ARM s por sus siglas en ingl s).
Ayudar a mantener una lista actualizada de los proveedores y subcontratistas.
Servir de manera efectiva como enlace entre el Equipo Program tico (EP) el PS y el equipo del rea de finanzas para proporcionar la documentaci n necesaria para emitir los pagos relacionados con las actividades.
Apoyar el rastreo de los procesos de compras para que avancen de acuerdo con el plan implementaci n de cada actividad.
Asistir a reuniones de campo y dem s reuniones y prestar apoyo en la toma de notas seg n se solicite.
Apoyar en la verificaci n y entrega de materiales y equipos a los beneficiarios bajo convenios en especie.
Apoyar en la coordinaci n de actividades que requiera log stica (eventos, talleres, transporte, alimentaci n, hospedaje).
Ayudar con proyectos especiales y tareas en apoyo del PS, el EP y otros miembros del equipo de compras, seg n sea necesario.
Cualquier otro deber que podr determinar el PS o PM.
Mantener absoluta discreci n y profesionalismo respecto de todos los asuntos confidenciales, relacionados con el desempe o de sus funciones.
Desarrollar y mantener relaciones cordiales, abiertas profesionales con los otros miembros del equipo del programa de campo.
Hacer desplazamientos a nivel local o nacional seg n sea requerido.
Hacer seguimiento del estado de todos los procesos ejecutados y en ejecuci n.
Profesional o estudiante de ltimos semestres en administraci n u otra disciplina relacionada.
Experiencia en la gesti n administrativa y / o financiera.
Experiencia en el rea de adquisiciones, preferiblemente con programas de USAID.
Conocimientos de idioma Ingl s preferido, pero no es obligatorio.
Habilidades en manejo de Excel y Word.
Habilidad para mantener en ejecuci n y control varios procesos y/o actividades simult neas.
Trabajo en equipo y habilidad de trabajar bajo presi n y con alto volumen de trabajo.
Disposici n para acatar instrucciones y procedimientos.
Solamente se contactar n a los candidatos que se hayan seleccionado para una entrevista. Favor de no llamar.
MSI es un empleador de veteranos y de EEO / AA / ADA.
How to apply:
Colombia: Fund Development and Reporting Officer - Latin America
Closing date: 2017-03-31Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Build Change
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Fund Development and Reporting Officer Latin America
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Fund and Partnership Development and Reporting
Employer: Build Change
Job Location: Negotiable Bogot or Guatemala City
Start Date: Immediate
Term: At will employment
Salary: Competitive, with emergency evacuation insurance, medical insurance and housing stipend
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 25,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 48,000 safer homes, impacting an estimated 245,000 people.
For the position of Fund Development and Reporting Officer Latin America, Build Change is seeking an experienced, innovative, outgoing, bilingual individual with a proven track record of raising funds, winning contracts, building partnerships and brand recognition for an international non-profit social enterprise. The successful candidate should have documented success in researching, positioning, writing and winning technical grant and contract proposals for donors such as USAID, World Bank, American Red Cross, UN agencies and others. The successful candidate should also have proven experience in negotiating partnerships with corporations, multi-laterals and NGOs and a prior track record of leading the development of a portfolio of grants and contracts of at least $2M per year.
This position reports to the Director of Programs and Partnerships Latin America, with frequent interaction with the CEO. This position may be located in Bogot , Colombia or Guatemala City, Guatemala.
Secure at least US$1M in grants and contracts in year 1, growing to US$2M per year by year 3
Develop at least 2 major funded partnerships per year with corporations, governments, multi-laterals, NGOs, or other agencies
Work with CEO and development team to develop, diversify and execute Build Change s annual fundraising plan for Latin America, and exceed fundraising goals
Perform grant and award research, cultivation, positioning and proposal writing for unrestricted funding from foundations, HNWIs, corporations and other agencies
Perform research, cultivation, positioning and proposal writing for program funding from partner agencies for Build Change s program in Latin America; work with local staff to translate proposals into local languages if needed
Work with the Director of Programs and Partnerships - Latin America to build relationships with partner institutions and market Build Change s design services, technical resources, training programs, DRR programs, and PPP incentives programs to other humanitarian, multi-lateral, and non-profit agencies
Write applications for technical/housing awards
Work with CEO and HQ staff to identify and cultivate HNWIs with interest in supporting Build Change Latin America programs
Prepare and submit fund development pipeline reports and partnership tracking reports to the Director of Programs and Partnerships - Latin America, CEO and Board of Directors
Use and regularly update Salesforce, Constant Contact, and other donor databases and marketing tools
Work closely with program management, structural engineering team leader and construction training team leader to produce on-time, high quality grant and progress reports
Lead the development of success stories, promotional videos, and other fund and partnership development collateral and regularly interface with HQ staff for dissemination of such materials through website, social media, and other channels
Work with HQ staff to update professional marketing packets aimed at multi-laterals, governments, corporations, NGOs, INGOs, UN and other agencies rebuilding or retrofitting houses and schools in earthquake-prone emerging countries
Represent Build Change in networks and meetings with such organizations
Advocate for Build Change s strategic priorities and interests with governments, multilateral agencies and large funders
Minimum 5 years professional experience in a similar position with demonstrated fund and partnership development
Professional experience in proposal writing for an international non-profit social enterprise or similar private sector business, with proven record of winning grants and contracts and exceeding fundraising or business development goals
Outstanding, outgoing interpersonal skills, high energy level, and ability to speak persuasively in front of large and small groups
Competency with social media, donor data management systems and e-newsletters (such as Salesforce, Constant Contact, giving websites)
Superior professional writing, presentation, and communication skills
Ability to work independently, willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel as needed
Knowledge of and passion for Build Change s mission
Understanding of basic engineering and construction principles is a strong plus
Work experience in Latin America or emerging nations a plus
No ego, drama, or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor
Fluency in English and Spanish required, in both verbal and writing skills.
How to apply:
Go to www.buildchange.org/about/careersand select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and citizens of Latin America are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Colombia: Program Director, Colombia
Closing date: 2017-04-15Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Heartland Alliance
Closing date: 15 Apr 2017
Transform the lives of the most marginalized and vulnerable communities and be at the forefront of social change.
About YOU: A driven and passionate professional hoping to work with an inspiring, dynamic team of leading human rights workers. Collaborative and hard-working, the candidate will have exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to support responsible growth of an office, and take HAI s successful programming to the next level. This person has extensive management experience in diverse and challenging environments.
Organizational Background:Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the youngest and fastest growing part of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years. HAI is comprised of nearly a dozen country offices implementing programs on a broad range of human rights issues globally, as well as the Chicago-based Marjorie Kovler Center for the Treatment of Survivors of Torture, which serves individuals from more than 50 countries. HAI has significant expertise in the fields of trauma-informed mental health care and access to justice for survivors of rights abuses. It is also an industry leader in access to high-quality and stigma-free health care. Across all of its programs, HAI promotes progressive, innovative approaches to human rights protections and gender equality.
Position Summary:In Colombia, HAI is a leading non-profit organization in the provision of trauma-informed mental health services for Colombian victims of armed conflict and forced displacement. The Colombia program approaches its work through three pillars: access to justice, access to mental health care, and advocacy. HAI is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Program Director based in its Cali or Bogot offices in Colombia. The applicant will be responsible for assuring compliance with and successful implementation of existing U.S. and U.N. grants and contracts; designing programs and drafting proposals; drafting donor reports; and serving as HAI s country representative when the Country Director is on leave. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Management, Financial Management & Administration
- Work with the Country Director, Director of Finance and Administration, and other key staff members to develop spending plans for each program and help ensure program compliance with all federal contracting regulations, as well as generally accepted accounting principles
- In coordination with the Country Director, facilitate internal coordination and technical assistance for program and administration staff
- May serve as Acting Country Director whenever the Country Director is out of the country, including communication and coordination with HAI HQ in Chicago
- Work full-time outside of the United States, including areas that might be considered dangerous
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director
Program Coordination, Grant Management and Development
- Directly support program officers and other program staff to ensure effective program implementation
- Systematically monitor and support existing programs, assuring deliverables are being met in compliance with grant and contract requirements, and high quality standards
- Oversee the collection of accurate data and provide technical support to program officers and other program staff for reporting, and monitoring and evaluation purposes
- In coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration, track program expenditures to ensure programs are being executed in accordance to budgets
In coordination with Country Director and others designated by the Country Director, participate in program development activities, including:
Drafting of proposals, particularly in the areas of access to justice, mental health services for victims of torture and other forms of abuse, and other technical areas to be determined in consultation with Country Director;
Preparing budgets for proposals and other documentation;
Maintaining up to date donor mapping for funding opportunities and, together with the Country Director, meeting with donors and potential donors;
Meeting with LNGO and government partners and conducting needs assessments
Lead reviews of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to ensure compliance with all relevant standards; this includes ensuring conformity with relevant donor requirements, HAI internal regulations, and industry best practices
Participate in annual planning of strategic goals
In coordination with Country Director, maintain constructive relationships with government entities, non-governmental organizations, and civic associations
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:M.A. in International Relations, Public Administration, or related field (such as Political Science, Economics, Social Work or Law), and 4-6 years of relevant management experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Experience must include at least four of the following areas:
- Project management and project design experience, including financial, personnel management, and basic M&E concepts;
- Experience working constructively with local CBOs/NGOs, the UN, USAID, and other U.S.-government agencies;
- Experience working in developing countries and disaster/conflict environments including diverse cultural and linguistic settings; and
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the unique, complex operating environment in Colombia.
Business, mathematical, analytical skills:
- Excellent Excel skills required, and comfort with diverse information systems preferred;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data and design work flows and procedures;
- Understands organizational and strategic implications of decisions; and
- Ability to develop and implement cost saving measures.
Communication and Leadership Skills:
- Exhibits confidence in self and others;
- Has an ability to foster effective communication and teamwork with staff from a range of economic, cultural, ethnic and social groups;
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well;
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others;
- Accepts feedback from others;
- Demonstrates the ability to lead strategic planning, program development and evaluation;
- Gives appropriate recognition to others;
- Excellent oral communication skills: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings;
- Effectively communicates utilizing a variety of technologies such as phone or video phone (i.e. Skype);
- Passionate about and personally engaged with human rights and social justice
- Leads by example and possesses a high degree of integrity
- Personally credible, with a professional demeanor that generates the trust and confidence of staff, partners and donors.
- Excellent written skills: writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet target audience needs, including cross-cultural needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information;
- Effectively communicates and manages electronic communication such as email, and diverse information systems;
- Ability to remain composed and professional in difficult circumstances; and
- Policy, advocacy and community organizing experience a plus.
Language:English and Spanish fluency in reading, writing and speaking required.
Heartland Alliance International makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief.
How to apply:
Colombia: Conseillère ou conseiller technique en recherche documentaire et capitalisation des savoirs - Colombie
Closing date: 2017-05-05Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Oxfam-Qu bec
Closing date: 05 May 2017
Pays (lieu d affectation): Colombie (Bogota)
Dur e du contrat:4 mois
D part:Mai 2017
ANUC Cundinamarca (Asociaci n Departamental de Usuarios Campesinos de Cundinamarca
CONTEXTE DU POSTE / MANDAT
La strat gie centrale du Programme ACCES Innovation (PAI) repose sur l assignation dans les pays d intervention de conseill res et de conseillers techniques canadiens (ou r sidents permanents) ayant pour mandat d accro tre les capacit s techniques, administratives et financi res des organisations partenaires locales. Ces appuis doivent permettre aux partenaires d innover et de g n rer des changements durables dans leur milieu en mati re de croissance conomique, de s curit alimentaire, d galit entre les sexes, de bonne gouvernance et de viabilit de l environnement.
Dans cette optique, ce programme privil gie le d veloppement de mod les et d approches d intervention innovantes travers une d marche qui sera soutenue par un r seau de partenaires canadiens compos s d organisations reconnues de la soci t civile, d instituts de recherche ainsi que d entreprises socialement responsables.
Le poste s inscrit dans le cadre d un des projets du programme acc s innovation (PAI) en Colombie provenant du fond de d veloppement de l innovation (FDI) avec notre partenaire ANUC Cundinamarca (Asociaci n Departamental de Usuarios Campesinos de Cundinamarca), qui a pour objectif le renforcement de la participation des hommes, des femmes et des jeunes au sein des associations municipales et de l association d partementale, afin d am liorer la viabilit de l organisation long terme au niveau conomique, social et environnemental. Pour renforcer le sentiment d appartenance l organisation, le partenaire a identifi la n cessit de restaurer son historique et de la valoriser. L ANUC (Asociaci n Nacional de Usuarios Campesinos), dont est membre ANUC Cundinamarca, est une organisation ayant grandement souffert du conflit arm , en raison de son travail dans les p riph ries rurales. Ainsi, le type de t moignages recueillir pourra tre sensible et charg motionnellement.
Sous la responsabilit de la coordonnatrice du PAI en Colombie et en troite collaboration avec de la Conseill re Technique en charge du projet, le/la conseiller/ re effectue son mandat afin d assurer l atteinte des r sultats du PAI et l appui aux partenaire dans son champ d expertise.
Description des t ches
En conformit avec les politiques, les normes et les proc dures d Oxfam, le/la conseiller/ re en gestion des savoirs assumera principalement les responsabilit s suivantes :
Appuyer le partenaire d velopper une m thodologie de recherche documentaire de la m moire organisationnelle et de la capitalisation de clele-ci;
Accompagner le partenaire dans le processus de capitalisation de m moire organisationnelle et de la gestion des savoirs;
Appuyer dans le d veloppement d outils de syst matisation de la m moire organisationnelle et de la valorisation des exp riences;
Appuyer la r daction d un document synth se et d un livre audio sur l histoire de l organisation.
Entrevues film es;
tre citoyenne ou citoyen canadien ou poss der le statut de r sident permanent
Dipl me universitaire ou technique dans les domaines suivants: communication, documentation, gestion de l information.
EXP RIENCE DE TRAVAIL
Exp rience de travail en recherche et consolidation de m moire organisationnelle;
Exp rience de travail en r cup ration de t moignages pouvant avoir un contenu motionnel charg ;
Exp rience de travail en milieu interculturel dans un contexte de coop ration internationale.
Exp rience l international Exp rience de travail dans la r gion (atout).
COMP TENCES SP CIFIQUES
Contexte post-conflit en Colombie
Justice entre les femmes et les hommes
Participation citoyenne des jeunes
Facilitation et animation de groupes
Communication orale et crite
Ma trise de la suite Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook et PowerPoint).
Logiciels de communication : Skype, Watsapp, IMO, DropBox ;
M dias sociaux : Facebook et Twitter.
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL
Fran ais crit et parl
Espagnol crit et parl
QUALIT S RECHERCH ES
Adh sion la mission et aux valeurs d Oxfam-Qu bec, comprenant la promotion de l galit entre les femmes et les hommes
Diplomatie et bon jugement
Capacit travailler en quipe
Autonomie et initiative
Capacit travailler sous pression
Allocations de subsistance mensuelles : Montant en fonction du co t de la vie dans le pays d affectation;
Billet d avion aller-retour;
Assurance sant , vie et invalidit ;
Montant pour le logement;
How to apply:
COMMENT POSER VOTRE CANDIDATURE ?
Ce poste vous int resse ?
Faites parvenir votre candidature (CV et lettre d int r t), en sp cifiant le titre du poste et le pays d affectation dans l objet de votre courriel (ex. : Conseill re ou conseiller technique en recherche documentaire et capitalisation des savoirs Colombie) :
Oxfam-Qu bec souscrit au principe de l quit en mati re d emploi.
Nous remercions tou(te)s les candidat(e)s pour leur int r t mais seul(e)s les candidat(e)s s lectionn (e)s seront contact (e)s.
Colombia: Global Health Corps Physician - BIPAI
Closing date: 2017-05-31Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative
Closing date: 31 May 2017
Salud y Autosuficiencia Indigena en La Guajira (SAIL), aims to reverse child and maternal morbidity and mortality rates that occur in context of poor healthcare service coverage, a dispersed population, poor baseline nutrition, unhealthy reproductive and birthing practices, and an onerous civil registration process. The Global Health Corps (GHC) physician will work alongside and strengthen the existing healthcare system. Program activities will be guided by advancing integrated, locally-driven solutions for healthy and productive development, and are focused on five goal areas: access to care, capacity building of lay people and health professionals, surveillance, prevention, and program management.
- Lead the strategy to identify and monitor at risk patients in coordination with the local program coordinator and foster the articulation of the La Guajira health system with focus in Manaure.
- Deploy the objectives of the PEDIATRICIAN component of the program and build a network with health experts located in the Guajira state.
- Conduct medical activities of the PEDIATRIC component to ensure the attention of the population at risk identify within the program
- Act as a subject matter expert of malnutrition for the SAIL program
- Lead the coaching strategy for the Indigenous Health Workers in La Guajira
- Ability to work as a highly cooperative member of a team of the Baylor-Colombia and USA directors in the integration and coordination of clinical and medical services with focus in general pediatrics
- Ability to create and maintain an organization atmosphere of harmony, cooperation and transparency
- Ability to manage multiple programs with flexibility, to forecast trends in service delivery needs, and to adapt to rapid growth and change
- Ability to supervise employees with mature judgment, tact, and diplomacy, ensuring that Foundation policies and procedures are consistently complied with at all times
- Ability to address consumer/patient issues and bring complaints to fair resolution in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain written policies and procedures regarding program operations and services
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation, and ability to motivate wide range of people. Sensitivity to issues of cultural diversity
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including occasional evenings, and weekends, as needed.
- Ability and flexibility to travel as needed, including international travel & overnight stays
- Ability to anticipate needed changes in program operations and lead the planning process for implementation of needed changes
- Ability to create, monitor, and forecast program and organizational operating budgets
- Ability to manage a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework, including qualitative and quantitative indicators
- Excellent verbal interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize word processing and spreadsheet computer applications
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships with the Government of Colombia, in particular the Ministry of Health, Bureau for International Cooperation (APC) and other community-based organizations/non-government organizations
Ability to lead by example utilizing the highest ethical, moral, and professional standards of Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative
Minimum Job Experience:Graduate of Pediatrics or Family Medicine program
Fluent English speaker
M.D. or equivalent
Knowledge of La Guajira state and government relations are an
Fluency in Spanish and English (60%)
How to apply:
If you have further inquiries, please contact +57 317 510 52 83 Bogot