All UN jobs in Belgrade, Serbia
|[Saved] Serbia: Driver, GS2, TA, Belgrade, Serbia (for Nationals only)Closing date: 2017-04-11Organization: UN Children's Fund Share|
|[Saved] Serbia: Serbia: Chief of PartyClosing date: 2017-04-24Organization: Internews Network Share|
Save your search
Keywords : *
Duty Station : Belgrade, Serbia
Create an email alert
Keywords : All
Duty Station : Belgrade, Serbia
Only send email alerts when there are new jobs
Share job to a friend
Serbia: Driver, GS2, TA, Belgrade, Serbia (for Nationals only)
Closing date: 2017-04-11Application : Apply for the job
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 11 Apr 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the HR &Supply Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results
1.Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials. Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
2.Maintenance of assigned vehicle. Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
3.Documentation of vehicle related information. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
4.Basic administrative and Clericalduties.When required assist in basic administrative and Clericalduties that can include filing of basic visa and customs formalities, entering data into a computer pre-defined template, filing records, sending and receiving faxes, answering telephone calls, and relaying messages.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=503698
Serbia: Serbia: Chief of Party
Closing date: 2017-04-24Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Internews Network
Closing date: 24 Apr 2017
Internews seeks a Chief of Party for a potential USAID-funded media support project focused on improving the legal and regulatory environment for Serbian media and promoting innovative approaches that facilitate Serbian media sustainability and cooperation. S/he will provide strategic guidance and leadership; coordinate technical, legal, and professional capacity building assistance to partners and beneficiaries; ensure proper oversight of program personnel, financial management and administration; and coordinate with USAID and other media stakeholders in the region to ensure that Internews leverages other resources, avoids duplication and complements other media development initiatives. S/he will also be responsible for establishing strong partnership and dialogue with the appropriate donor representatives. Programmatic and financial management of the project will be supported by Internews Europe and Eurasia team and administrative staff, ensuring that all program operations meet Internews quality standards and are carried out in accordance with relevant rules and regulations. The position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia.
Note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Provide strategic, operational and representational assistance to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommending program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track.
- Manage and oversee all staff in the country. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Leadership, management, representational and operational oversight.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries.
- Write and revise project reports, communications materials, and other project documentation in collaboration with Internews staff and according to award stipulations.
- Serve as public face of the project in country and primary point of contact for local donor mission.
- Oversee program monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure program impact.
- Maintain strategic awareness of independent media issues in the region (especially broadcast and online media), and a general understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing independent media across the region.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with all cooperative agreement rules, requirements and regulations as well as with Internews internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary budget authority over the project, responsible for ensuring all costs charged to the project are allowable, reasonable, and correctly allocated.
- Maintain regular communications with Internews headquarters staff to communicate progress on programming and address upcoming issues in advance.
- Provide support as necessary for developing new relationships and business initiatives.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing media programs, including components supporting media capacity building, media development, and media enabling environment reform.
- Previous experience as a proactive COP with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with local counterparts, international organizations, and donors.
- Media development experience, preferably in the Balkan region, working experience and deep understanding of the media sector in Serbia is preferred.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans.
- Experience implementing complex, multifaceted projects with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Proven experience working effectively with media and media/journalist associations, various types of partners (universities, advertising/PR/marketing agencies, self-regulators, business associations, etc.), and host country government counterparts.
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting senior managerial staff.
- USAID or USG experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience leveraging other sources of funding to advance programmatic objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- English fluency required, Serbian language skills are highly desirable.
- Relevant university degree required.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internewspage.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.