All UN jobs in Amman, Jordan
|[Saved] Jordan: Jordan – A Protection Program ManagerClosing date: 2017-02-28Organization: Première Urgence Internationale Share|
|[Saved] Jordan: Regional finance coordinator for Syrian crisis (M/F) Jordan - AmmanClosing date: 2017-05-11Organization: Médecins du Monde Share|
Save your search
Keywords : *
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Create an email alert
Keywords : All
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Only send email alerts when there are new jobs
Share job to a friend
Jordan: Jordan – A Protection Program Manager
Closing date: 2017-02-28Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Premi re Urgence Internationale
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Premi re Urgence Internationale (PUI)is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Humanitarian situation and needs
As of December 2016, Jordan is the country hosting the third largest number of Syrian refugees with more than 655,675 registered with UNHCR. In Jordan, the first response to the needs of the refugees was carried out by the host communities alongside Jordan civil society and charity organizations. However, the constant influx of people put significant strains on the already weak economic situation of the Jordanian population in the areas of refuge, with around 85% of the refugees living outside of camps.
Refugees struggle to meet their basic needs, relying on dwindling savings, growing loans, humanitarian assistance and resorting to negative coping mechanisms. 2/3 of the Syrian refugees live below the poverty line, with rent being their major expenditure.
Addressing fundamental needs of the most vulnerable refugees and restoring dignity is a priority to be achieved through improved access to health for most vulnerable groups, psycho-social support for the most affected population, proposing alternative education for children out of school, improve living conditions for households in substandard shelters and supporting access to legal documentation (and thus to services).
With the conflict in Syria being nowhere near a political solution, refugees and host communities will continue to co-exist and while tensions are raising in the communities, it is paramount to empower the communities to bounce back ensuring i) social cohesion, ii) development of sustainable economic opportunities and iii) support to public services.
Our action in the field
Since 2013, PUI has been responding to the needs of most vulnerable populations affected by the Syria crisis in host communities. Through a community-based approach, the objectives of PUI in Jordan are the following:
- Provide emergency/life-saving cash assistance to most vulnerable population to meet their basic needs
- Improve access to services for most vulnerable populations in host communities
- Support initiatives at community level to ensure social cohesion and economic empowerment opportunities for most vulnerable populations.
The three pillars of this strategy encouraging social change with a focus on protection include a) Knowledge and awareness raising of women, girls, boys, men and community influential related to health, importance of education, prevention of early marriage and child labour/abuse, rights and promotion of services uptake, b) Alleviating measures such as cash transfers for an access to health, education, winterization and legal documentation) c) provision of services (Economic empowerment, Informal education, PSS, health, education sessions and counselling, case management including referral and follow-up.
As part of our activities in Jordan, we are looking for a Protection Program Manager.
PUI Jordan has launched an AFD-funded Community Programme in March 2016 that is now fully operational. For the period February July 2016 there is need of a Community Programme Manager role/Protection. Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Protection and Community Programme Manager will be responsible for :
- The successful implementation of the AFD-funded Jordan Community Programme aimed at improving access to health, education and psychosocial services for vulnerable refugee and host community populations in Amman and Ruseifa. He/she ensures achievement of set objectives, respect of quality standards, and efficient mobilization of resources (HR, logs and financial). She/he coordinates closely with the 2 CBO partners to provide leadership to the joint implementation while addressing any challenges that might arise, with a results-oriented and collaborative approach.
Using a protection lens, support design of new protection programs
Programme Management: She/he ensures that activities are in line with PUI policy and supports the Project Officer and Senior Project Officer to ensure implementation is on track of a high quality, making recommendations and supporting the programme team to improve. She/he makes sure the work plan is respected and the programme is on track. She/he monitors programme progress, including the qualitative and quantitative aspects; and enforces application of policies, standards & codes of conduct.
Communication, coordination and external representation: Upon request from his/her supervisors, he/she represents PUI to partners and other stakeholders, including sectoral working groups for programmatic related issues. She/he ensures efficient coordination with other INGOs and local organizations by her/his staff in view of developing a good mapping of service providers and efficient referals. She/he contributes to any internal or external reporting required and to any communication initiative related to the programme.
Human Resources and Training: She/he directly supervises and leads the Project Officer and Senior Project Officer dedicated to the programme. She/he drives the recruitment of required staff and provides capacity building support to the project team as appropriate. She/he supervises training activities on the basis of identified needs.
Logistics and Finance: She/he coordinates with the Logs and Admin/Finance team to mobilize effectively the resources allocated to the programme supervised, including forecasting any adjustments needed, taking into consideration determined budget and compliance with logistics and administrative procedures. She/He is responsible for the activity lines of her/his programme budget and for following-up on the expenditures while providing monthly budget forecast.
Safety and Security: She/he contributes to compliance with safety rules within the mission, especially by the programme team under her/his management and communicates any security/safety-related information to the Coordination Team.
To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook groupMy Job In The Field.
Training and experiences
- Relevant university qualification in humanitarian studies, law, project management or social sciences.
- Min. 2 years as a manager of humanitarian projects
- Strong experience in community based activities
- Strong experience in Protection/SGBV
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral and holistic approaches
- Successful experience in team management
- Experience in dealing with various type of stakeholders (CBOs, UN agencies, INGOs, LNGOs, authorities)
Knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrating good knowledge of UN and NGO mandates and programs in the humanitarian responses, refugees, post conflict construction and development/resilience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Very good Knowledge of project management
- Excellent and proven ability to provide capacity building support to teams.
- Good computer skills to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the projects, including excellent diplomacy skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrate a real commitment to humanitarian work and a thorough understanding of community-based issues in Jordan, including the need for protection mainstreaming.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea and to structure instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive protection information and personal data.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership
- Management ability and inter-personal skills with problem solving and leadership skills
- Regular field visits to implemented activities are compulsory.
- Driving license mandatory.**Languages**
Desirable: French and/or Arabic
- Employedwith a Fixed-Term Contract 6 months
Starting date:February 2017
Monthly gross income :from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
Seniority and experience premium: For each year of humanitarian experience, an additional 50EUR per month (up to 300EUR/month for 6 years of experience) above monthly gross income.
Job risk allowance10% (paid monthly)
Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission (travel expenses include visas, vaccines )
Medical coverage and complementary healthcare
Insurance policies, especially for repatriation
Collective housing accommodation or housing allowance
Daily living expenses ( Per diem )
How to apply:
Please send your application (Resume and Cover Letter) to Jean-Christophe Ouedraogo at firstname.lastname@example.org the following subject: ProtectionPM-JOR .
Jordan: Regional finance coordinator for Syrian crisis (M/F) Jordan - Amman
Closing date: 2017-05-11Application : Apply for the job
Organization: M decins du Monde
Closing date: 11 May 2017
For more than 30 years, M decins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM strategy to support Syrian population is based on a regional approach around 3 main axes:
-Support to refugee populations: Primary, sexual and reproductive and post-operative health care for Syrian refugees in neighboring countries through MdM clinics and support to local organizations in Lebanon and Jordan.
-Support to existing health facilities inside Syria: emergency medical assistance to Syrian population inside Syria through to support of networks of Syrian doctors or existing health facilities.
-Support to displaced populations in Iraq and Syria: primary and sexual and reproductive health services for internal displaced populations through MdM clinics in camps and urban settings.
To support MdM response and the country missions, a regional representation office is based in Amman since 2013. Since June 2016, this office is a coordination office.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a regional finance coordinator, you are responsible of the financial follow-up of the following missions: Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and regional office. You will be under the responsibility of the regional coordinator and have a functional link with the finance manager in HQ.
More specifically, you will:
-Validate and check the finance compliance of budget proposals, requests for amendments and reports for the donors of the administrative coordinators.
-Ensure appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan.
-Be responsible for the compiling of the accounting.
-Check the donors imputation in SAGA and ensure the deadlines are respected.
-Work closely with the administrative coordinators of the mission in the exercises and validation of the budgets.
-Audit the missions with field visits, organize trainings if needed and assist the finance team in preparing donors auditing and for cross-border activities.
-Manage the deputy finance coordinator.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: March 2017
Regular field visits to the region (Iraq, Lebanon)
Accompanied posting possible, without children
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Diploma in Finance or Accountancy Management
Experience of 2 year minimum with an I.NGO (with MdM is an asset)
Working experience with donors budgets (International Cooperations, ECHO)
Knowledge of SAGA and Excel
Supervision skills and capacity to work and live in tense conditions
Ability to provide training
Organizational skills, rigor, reactivity, capacity to take initiatives
Languages: English fluent (written, spoken) mandatory
French and Arabic, an asset
You are committed to MdM s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
M decins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply: